The 3rd Annual JBT Regatta is just 1 week away!! We hope to see you at the Winnipesaukee Yacht Club next Saturday, July 16th. This event supports the NH Chapter of The Cure Starts Now Foundation., in memory of our John Bradley Thompson who lost his battle with DIPG, a very rare brain cancer, in April 2014.
All are welcome!
We have an exciting list of live and silent auction items – something for everyone -including a Skydiving Adventure (with video recording!), weekend retreat to Pittsburg NH, 12 person two day Golf Tournament, gift certificates to a variety of Lakes Region restaurants and much more!
We are accepting donations in advance. Please go to: https://thecurestartsnow.webconnex.com/jbtregatta16 if you would like to support us. The Cure Starts Now Foundation is leading the way to find a cure for DIPG, and in the process a potential Home-Run-Cure for all cancers. You support will help us get closer to a day that parents of a child diagnosed with DIPG will hear “cure“instead of “inoperable and terminal“.
The Day’s Events:
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Sailors Registration
- 11:00 AM: Sailors Reverse Start –Sanders Bay. During the races feel free to get out on the water to watch the action or come to the WYC for a swim and get your 50/50 tickets!
- 4:00 PM: Silent Auction opens and our favorite – Paul Warnick – will start the music!
- 4:30 PM: BBQ is served – Donations suggested.
- 5:30 PM: Live Auction Begins (approximate time)
- 6:00 PM: Silent Auction Closes (approximate time)
- 6:30 PM: JBT Spirit Award Presentation and Sailing Awards
- 6:45-7:00 PM: Auction Check-Out and Thank You!
See you next Saturday! Thank you all!